What's this snail

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nammy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nammy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
26
Location
New Brunswick
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time I seen this one before.
Very pretty looking and fast moving. Has some of the characteristics of a nassarius snails. This little guy is about 1/4 inch long.

Side view



Top down



Out of water looking at the underside :)

 
Found this info after all... Marginellid, Volvarina sp
 
That's a marginella! Gorgeous pictures!
 
@Nammy, may I use your photos in a hitchhikers guide? Full photo credit to you, of course.
 
Awesome, Thanks.

Are you from New Brunswick, New Jersey or new Brunswick, Canada?
 
I'm a Newfie (living in California)!
 
Cool! I lived in Colorado Springs and NY. Military days :)
 
Yep found one in my tank the other day
1ae1ec83b633874b6950e675551e3516.jpg
9f7c15e4b334225db8cf7f8e1f5d150e.jpg

I took it out but I did want to leave it in.
 
You're the third person I know right now that has them. That's rather uncommon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new