What's up with my conch's eye?

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2020
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
2,009
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this guy about 3 1/2 years. I just noticed a few days ago that one of his eyes appears...shrunken? Any idea what might have caused this? No new additions in the tank and his behavior seems normal.

lurch.jpg
 
I've had this guy about 3 1/2 years. I just noticed a few days ago that one of his eyes appears...shrunken? Any idea what might have caused this? No new additions in the tank and his behavior seems normal.

lurch.jpg
May be injury but also assure PH has not dropped
 
May be injury but also assure PH has not dropped

pH has been between 7.9 at night and 8.15 during the day according to Apex which is pretty normal for my tank. At first, I thought he'd lost the eye all together, so I was relieved when I zoomed in to see it's still there in some form. I just hope his other eye stays healthy.
 
pH has been between 7.9 at night and 8.15 during the day according to Apex which is pretty normal for my tank. At first, I thought he'd lost the eye all together, so I was relieved when I zoomed in to see it's still there in some form. I just hope his other eye stays healthy.
Ok good- often with a significant drop, their week points- eyes, even shell will suffer. These guys are forgiving, so I expect recovery
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new