What's up with this Favia and this Zoa?

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone let me know if this is normal? Looks odd to me.

fav-1.jpg
fav2-1.jpg

Also noticed only one polyp of these zoas has this green around the mouth.

zoag-1.jpg

fav-1.jpg

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the favia, looks like... IDK what it looks like. Looks messed up though.

fav3-1.jpg

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it keeps shrinking like that, it's not happy, I had a similar issue before with acans, I couldn't keep them for the life of me.

Idk if it's shrinking, but the opening got more pronounced and now I'm seeing like a crack with tentacles coming out.

Coralfuture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tenticals coming out are a good sign of feeding many of mine keep theirs out all day and night. The drip is the look of where a new head is likely to form. Mouth forms first. The more pronounced is a good thing as long as it's still feeding and puffing up which it looks to be. Think of the mark as a scab and the skin underneath is healing and new good skin is pushing the gross away until it's fully healed and flakes away. So unless you are seeing skeletons it still looks good

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tenticals coming out are a good sign of feeding many of mine keep theirs out all day and night. The drip is the look of where a new head is likely to form. Mouth forms first. The more pronounced is a good thing as long as it's still feeding and puffing up which it looks to be. Think of the mark as a scab and the skin underneath is healing and new good skin is pushing the gross away until it's fully healed and flakes away. So unless you are seeing skeletons it still looks good

If it keeps shrinking like that, it's not happy, I had a similar issue before with acans, I couldn't keep them for the life of me.

Thank you both for your input. I'll keep an eye on it and report back any changes I see.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back