Whats wrong with my Garf Bonsai? Pic*

The tissue isnt dead in any of my sps, even hurt how they are now. and before i bought the blenny everything was thriving. First started with the bonsai, then started seeing spots on my other sps. caught him today munching out on my Digitatas perfect tissue. With every bite it left a mark of polyps missing.

Wow that's crazy. Lucky you saw him then good luck
 
I had a horrible time catching a black combtooth blenny (tribal blenny) that did that to my sps. This is what one of my monti's looked like. He killed two acros and had two others looking bad.

chillipepperbites_zpsc62d8a0e.jpg
 
I had a horrible time catching a black combtooth blenny (tribal blenny) that did that to my sps. This is what one of my monti's looked like. He killed two acros and had two others looking bad.

chillipepperbites_zpsc62d8a0e.jpg
WOW thats the same marks my sps have, sorry to hear he killed some coral to. It weird because ive had plenty of blennies with sps in my previous tanks and never had a problem , but this guy really attacked the sps. My sps are not completely dead , I feel they might be able to come back, although i think my garf bonsai might not. I guess blennies arent reef safe
 
I talked to a lot of folks and this kind of behavior is not the norm for blennies but we just got unlucky. Really like their personalities but I'm a little afraid of trying one again.

Good news is that monti has doubled in size and completely healed those bite marks. A pavona he bit still has marks but is thriving and healing still.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new