Whats wrong witn my hammer?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer today, one of the heads not extending. And i can’t tell whats wrong with it. My mag is 1400, my calcium is 430, my alk 8.5. And my ph is 8.2 stable. I feed 2-3x a week. Red sea ab+. And reef roids, reef chilli fed yesterday. Salinity is 1.026. Phosphate 0.18 and nitrate 9.6

I havent done a water change in few weeks, as iv been dosing all for reef, and its been going good. My hammer used to extend BIG. Really cant tell whats wrong with it. I attached a picture of how it looked like but yeah.

and thats the video of how 1 head not opening. Nothing peeking on it. I fed twice, and it was fine yesterday. Do i do a water change? Its been like 2-3 weeks without one. Didnt want to bottom out my nutrients
 
What are N and P? I understand reef roids can increase P quite a bit.

Also, any flow or lighting changes?

Also, any visible pests on coral, stem, or surrounding rock?

Also, any chance the head is splitting? As I understand it these corals can get a bit angry looking when splitting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new