What's your sunrise/sunset ratios?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EricB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EricB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having difficulty dialing-in the numbers for a good sunrise/sunset on my Photon 32's. Any suggestions are appreciated!
 
hope you like.
7am- 3-3
8am- 5-5
9am- 8-8
10am- 12-12
11am- 35-16
12pma- 40-30
1pm- 50-30
2pm- 50-32
3pm- 50-35
4pm- 55-40
5pm- 70-38
6pm- 65-30
7pm- 50-15
8pm- 35-1
9pm- 15-0
10pm- 9-0
11pm- 2-0
 
I use the excel calc. program someone came up with. Works great, just input your max % and it calculates it for you. If you can't find the program, let me know and I can email it to you. I have the original 12hr program or the modified 10hr.
 
This is what the 12hr and 10hr look like.

12hr.jpg
10hr.jpg
 
Thanks guys! My sunrise mirrors my sunset. I realized yesterday that when the blue channel is at 10 or above it looks weird without the white channel being on at least 1. I just got them and I don't plan on having any corals until the 22nd (frag swap) so I'm not taking them past 30% which makes it a little difficult to get the colors I want I guess.
 
Which cycle (12 hr or 10 hr) would you recommend for a mixed reef tank?
I like using the 10hr which gives me 8hrs of whites. You could try the 12hr, but use 10hr if you start having problems with algea or your corals start to not look good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new