When can I buy a Diamond Watchman Goby?

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been fully cycled and is a little over 1 month old. I have an Ocellaris clownfish that I have only had for about a few days now. He is healthy and eating fine. I know I shouldn't add another fish for a couple weeks and I wont. I am really interested in purchasing a Diamond Watchman goby. Do they need a more mature sandbed since they sift it so often? How long should I wait until I add one ?

LittleDabOSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? I'm far from an expert but, I wanted one in the worst way when we set up our tank, worried about the same thing and was told by my LFS that the key was finding one that was eating other things well if putting it into an unestablished tank. I'm sure others with experience will chime in soon!

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hardy fish. will eat most anything you put in the tank. they will sift your sand pretty good but if you intend on coral they will make a mess of it spitting sand everywhere.

OP
OP
L

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you think in a couple of weeks that I can add that fish to my tank will be only just under 2 months old ?

lawnman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a diamond in my 75 and I hated that fish with a passion. My water was always cloudy from it sifting and my sand bed corals always were covered in sand. Worst fish ever LoL

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah there are some better ones that arent as messy. I have a pink spot, when he sifts he tends to stay on the bottom and do it rather then get a mouth full of sand and to the upper levels of the tank and then let it out.

AmberL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one at 2 and a half months. He eats anything I put in the tank. I've had him for about 3 months now. He's doing great.

OP
OP
L

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, thanks for the responses everyone. This is the one fish on my list that I just can't wait to get.

endlessblue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind they will bury any corals on the sand bed. I had one and it buried my corals, clams...

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 72 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 9.0%
Back