When do i clean the glass?

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been battling dino for about nine months now. My recent attempt with bubble scrubbing and UV has created green algae growing on the glass, and I'm. Noticing lots more pods appearing. The dino as I can see must be 95% gone.

How long do I leave the algae on the glass before cleaning it, as I'm worried that the dino could spring straight back. I feel like I'm at a critical moment of actually beating them and don't want to mess this up.

Thanks in advance.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scrape the glass whenever it begins to impair viewing of the tank. It used to be every 1-2 days but since the tank has matured it’s more like every 2 weeks. I wouldn’t worry about cleaning the glass causing more dinos, the algae on your rocks is gonna be way more than whatever is on your glass. If you’re nervous, maybe you can only clean the main viewing window?

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in your exact same situation- just (nearly) beat dinos after having them since spring, hair algae growing, pods everywhere. I just did a large water change to remove a lot of the green algae, so hopefully the dinos won't come back.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning your glass won’t have a negative impact. If it has any impact, it likely would be a positive one due to the scraper blade crushing some of that surface algae, releasing nitrates and phosphates so your beneficial bacteria can get a bite to eat, multiply and compete with the dinos.

OP
OP
loweryphil

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does green algae mean they are nearly beat? I've had this for months and hardly seen a spec of green on my glass

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back