When fragging cabagge coral...

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,522
Reaction score
537
Location
Rochester
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful, pull it out of the tank and in a bucket with saltwater. You can use a razor or anything sharpe to cut it. I would suggest affter you cut it, dont put it back into the tank for at least 20 mins. THis coral will release toxins that are VERY bad for other corals and will stunt there growth!
 
And run carbon......especially important in tanks with lots of softies IMO. I keep my lords in my softy tank and boy when I do a fragging session with the softies the acans look crappy for a week!!!
 
You should see my Fiji leather when i snip a corner off of it. It releases toxins for 10 min. Worse than a slimmer!
 
Yeah one of my leathers is crazy...it shoots out sticky tendrils of goo when I cut it...Its the only one I have that does it, maybe an adaptation for munched pieces not getting washed away perhaps?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new