When I Grow Up!

  • Thread starter Thread starter revsgirl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
7,468
Reaction score
192
Location
ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[h=5]When you were little "What did you want to be when you grew up?" Were you close?[/h]
 
I wanted to be in the ocean.. marine biologist maybe (I didn't know what is was called.when I was little) now I own a hvac company.. but I guess having a reef tank made us somewhat like marine biologists so I can't complain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
 
I wanted to drive around in a van & solve mysteries. :bigsmile:

Nope, not even close.
 
Like most boys I loved dinosaurs and the names were on the tails of my toys. By the time I was old enough to read I knew and could spell all their names. Decided I wanted to be an archaeologist until I figured out that meant a lot of digging with a shovel and a little of the fun stuff studying the bones. I sort of fell into my career when I need a job and found one in food manufacturing and have been there for over last 30 years. There is a lot of food science involved and archaeology is a science so I at least ended up in the right category. As a young man I wanted to own a pet store and almost bought one. The owner would not provide an inventory of what I was buying or let me review the books so I didn't buy the business.
 
I actually wanted to be a Marine Biologist as well. I just wanted to be in the Sea World shows! :D Now I'm on this wonderful community! Close enough! But my ultimate dream was to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. Ah well, can't do it all!! :tongue: Oh, and I write, too! Never would have dreamed it!!
 
Last edited:
I wanted to grow up to be a u.s. marine...
And I did.

Now I have to find a new dream....
 
At 6' 7" i should have been a pro football player.













'
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new