When is it too late to "start" a build thread?

notthatkindareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I currently have an IM 15G cube. Running it as cheap as I can while being careful. No protein skimmer. Cheap lights. Cheap ATO. Cheap wavemaker. All up and running for about 5 months now. Is it too late or too miniscule for me to post a build thread on the setup? I just read that a build thread would make it a lot easier for more mature reefers to help out with some of my issues in my tank if I had a build thread.

(Stock list)
Fish-

2x Zombie Clownfish
1x Purple Fire fish
Corals-
1x Duncan
1x Pulsing Xenia
1x Rock Flower Nem
1x Toadstool (been closed for two weeks :grimacing-face:)
1x Rasta Zoa
1x Green rim pink eye zoa (forgot the name)
1x Apple zoa (maybe? forgot its name also)
1x Watermelon Zoa (also do not know if this one is correct either)
1x Red Blasto (bule/green mouth)
1x Pink/Purple chalice (has pink eyes)
1x Wolverine Favia
1x Orange and black Yuma style mushroom
1x Rhodactics mushroom (do not know what kind)
1x Yuma Mushroom grey/orange

Would also love some help possibly identifying these corals and their names if known or able. But so far, I have not lost any (yet) and I am very happy with my reefing experience.
I do not test my parameters other than salt but am planning on buying a full line of salifert kits around Christmas. Also, I do not dose, and I feed phyto and mysis and the fish get pellets.
No true local LFS so I have to travel 5 hours to coastal cities from my apartment in my college town to buy/look at livestock, but have gotten great deals from what I have seen.

Thanks,
Quentin

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never too late
It can act as a record from start to finish
You should start a build thread and add information and photos like you have on this post. Good luck
Yup i agree with @Nman above. Never to late to start if your interested in keeping records! I started my build thread two years after setting up my first tank and had my eye on the second. I have stayed true to the timeline for my build though. Having way to many photos help me recall the experience :thinking-face:.

Later days,

B-Kind

Upvote 0

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you already built - just call it a tank thread. Some of us have tanks that got built before anybody though of starting a message board. :) If you need help, I would ask you questions in the appropriate forum. Most do not go to build threads to help people. Most of the time, it is the opposite where people go to build threads to learn or to just see what is happening. However, a baseline post or thread can provide context to people who want to help, but a brief synopsis of the issue is also good on the help thread - like tanks size and inhabitants if you want lighting help. Basically, help people help you.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back