When should I do the first water change?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnny269
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnny269

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Location
franksvile WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished cycling my 270 gallon tank using Dr. Tim’s One and Only and ammonia (fishless cycle), and added fish about 3 weeks ago. Everything is going really well so far. I currently have 6 fish (small purple tang, small foxface, bicolor blenny, 2 small clowns and a royal gramma) and a fire shrimp in the tank.

When should I do my first water change?

Current parameters (API Saltwater Master Test Kit — I know it’s not the best):
PH – 8
Ammonia – 0.25 ppm
Nitrite – 0 ppm
Nitrate – 10 ppm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new