When stuff goes wrong...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's face it. Almost anyone will be happy to sell you corals.

IMG_8352.jpg

The real measure of a vendor is what happens when things go wrong: An order is delayed by the shipper, a coral dies in shipping, or doesn't survive acclimation.

At Unique Corals, we stand behind all of our livestock with guarantees that are designed to take the worry out of buying from us. When something goes wrong, we'll do our best to work with you to resolve things to your satisfaction. If you aren't pleased, we won't be either. We promise to be honorable, fair, and cooperative. You're not going to be asked to jump through hoops in order to get a replacement item if something goes wrong.

Guarantee

We never lose sight of the fact that you- our customers- are the reason why we are here. Although things don't go perfectly well every time, your experience with us should be enjoyable, every time. We want to earn your business - and your satisfaction - for many years to come.

Regards,

Scott Fellman
Joseph Caparatta
Unique Corals

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know, I've visited your site many times. Until you posted a link to your Guarantee page, I had no idea of the extent of your guarantee. 21 days on frags, 10 days on colonies, etc...Impressive.

Scoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are great! Wish more vendors were like you guys! I've delt with quite a few online vendors. For the most part, all were pretty good. There were two that did me wrong though, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. One a sponsor on here didn't send me all the corals I ordered, 2 of the corals they sent I didn't even order or want, and two of the corals were doa! He said all he could was give me a 30$ credit! Really? He still has my credit, cause I will never give the more money. I like your moto, and will look forward to dealing with you in the future!

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know, I've visited your site many times. Until you posted a link to your Guarantee page, I had no idea of the extent of your guarantee. 21 days on frags, 10 days on colonies, etc...Impressive.

Thanks for the feedback!

It's funny, but the website design places the less "sexy" (but arguably extremely important) links towards the bottom of the page, so I am not entirely surprised that people miss it! We're very serious about service, so you cna always call or PM on this forum or Facebook to communicate concerns about orders with us! We want to help!

Thanks again!

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are great! Wish more vendors were like you guys! I've delt with quite a few online vendors. For the most part, all were pretty good. There were two that did me wrong though, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. One a sponsor on here didn't send me all the corals I ordered, 2 of the corals they sent I didn't even order or want, and two of the corals were doa! He said all he could was give me a 30$ credit! Really? He still has my credit, cause I will never give the more money. I like your moto, and will look forward to dealing with you in the future!

Thanks, Scoly,

It kinda sucks when things go wrong with online orders, but it REALLY sucks when you have to haggle with the vendor to get a credit. I mean, no one is perfect (we certainly are NOT!), and stuff happens through human error despite the best intentions and precautions. However, when a vendor becomes confrontational or even combative when you have a service issue, that's a problem. I've seen a few instances of vendors openly attacking a customer on a forum, and it made me cringe...

We decided from the get-go that making our customers happy is the most important thing we do. Helping our customers build confidence in us is essential to our business. To many people, buying online is a bit scary. We get it. If you have a question, concern, comment before-or after- you order, just let us know. We want to make this fun and easy for you. Getting to know each other helps.

We'll always try to work with you, even if it costs us a little on the front end, because we're in this business for the long haul, and we understand that in building a relationship of trust, a little understanding goes a long way towards the future. We're typically not going to ask you for a picture of the dead coral, unless we're trying to figure out what could have been the cause. We won't ask you to cut the tail off of a dead fish and take a pic (yuck!). We will probably ask for some information so that we can see what went wrong and to avoid having problems again in the future (we need to learn from all of our mistakes). We tend to think that most reefers are honest and will "do unto others".

Sure, there are the occasional people that take advantage of vendors' policies, but they are (thankfully) few and far in between, and their patterns and motives reveal themselves over time. It's a small community, and reefers and vendors talk with each other about stuff like this. Regardless, we don't want to change our policies and become more difficult for everyone to deal with just because we might do business with a jerk once in a while! It's supposed to be a fun business, for goodness sakes!

We're not perfect. We will screw up...We have screwed up. We will screw up in the future.

However, if we screw up, we'll fix it. Period. If YOU screw up, (after sighing with relief that it wasn't OUR screw up, LOL) we'll help you figure out what went wrong so you can be a more successful reefer. Your success is important to us, and to the hobby! We can learn together how to make this whole reef hobby thing work well for everyone! With most hobbyists dropping out after just 18 months, it's important that we all work together to create successful reefers!

Thanks again everyone for the feedback, kind words, and trust you've placed in us. It is certainly appreciated.

Regards,

Scott Fellman
Joseph Caparatta
Unique Corals

Last edited:

Saltyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading this has definitaly got my interest on purchasing from you. Nice that there is more than just live aquaria with great customer service.

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No to steal the topic but i got 4 maxi from Unique Corals and scott hand picked them for me. I will get the other 3 pics. One is pure blue, one is yellow and green and 2 are red and green and paid only $22.00 each when i see the similar ones go for $60-$80.

Here is one of Green and Red. This guy is 5" when fully expanded and kept its color from day one as did the other.

C3235F4A-16BF-4419-AF65-FC77833412AA-4382-000002EDAD210D65.jpg

Side note. When i got them they had the most healthiest Foot i had seen on any anemone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading this has definitaly got my interest on purchasing from you. Nice that there is more than just live aquaria with great customer service.

We hope to give hobbyists another great choice! Kevin and Co. are an asset to the industry, but we think there is room for more than one great company out there! LOL

Scott

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No to steal the topic but i got 4 maxi from Unique Corals and scott hand picked them for me. I will get the other 3 pics. One is pure blue, one is yellow and green and 2 are red and green and paid only $22.00 each when i see the similar ones go for $60-$80.

Here is one of Green and Red. This guy is 5" when fully expanded and kept its color from day one as did the other.

C3235F4A-16BF-4419-AF65-FC77833412AA-4382-000002EDAD210D65.jpg

Side note. When i got them they had the most healthiest Foot i had seen on any anemone.

So glad to hear that! We REALLY love MaxiMinis and will keep offering a bunch on our site...we select the best ones we can find, and we propagate some of the coolest in our own facility...We'll always try to have a great selection on hand.

Thanks!

Scott and Joe

Nwest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott this is awesome best policy I have seen on coral. Have bought from you before but this will help with the choice in the future easier for sure!!!!

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott this is awesome best policy I have seen on coral. Have bought from you before but this will help with the choice in the future easier for sure!!!!

So glad to hear that! We're really serious about being one of the hobby's most trusted sources for marine livestock, so we really need to walk the walk!

Lookimg forward to serving you again!

Scott

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly appreciate your business ethics. I recently purchased several corals from a someone here and I paid a good amount of money for SPS and sadly to say the first order was shipped incorrectly meaning not over night but regular postal and the replacements we twice as small as the ones I order online then only one survived. I contacted the seller and he was nice and I asked just for one certain sps that i paid the most for and he said "if I can" but I received small and low price polys and favias which didn't support my tank them. The funny thing is that several reefers on two forums posted a warning of this guy after this issue had occurred.
I will be trying your company on my next purchase for ALL my corals.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. This guarantee is mindblowingly awesome like Live Aquaria's. I have no idea how you guys do it!

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly appreciate your business ethics. I recently purchased several corals from a someone here and I paid a good amount of money for SPS and sadly to say the first order was shipped incorrectly meaning not over night but regular postal and the replacements we twice as small as the ones I order online then only one survived. I contacted the seller and he was nice and I asked just for one certain sps that i paid the most for and he said "if I can" but I received small and low price polys and favias which didn't support my tank them. The funny thing is that several reefers on two forums posted a warning of this guy after this issue had occurred.
I will be trying your company on my next purchase for ALL my corals.

Thanks for the kind words! We will keep trying our best to give all of our customers the best possible experience!

Scott

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back