When to cut Torch

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I purchased a really expensive Aussi highlighter gold torch on a whim a while back, and it has been giving me anxiety recently. i don't want to end up losing the piece as it is the single most expensive living thing i have.

While it is beautiful, i really don't feel at peace knowing something could happen one day and wipe the thing out, so i feel like i want to sell it. Good news is it seems like it is separating a section of itself into a single head (actually other parts are also separating but are not nearly as close as this one), and i was thinking I'd cut off this small head to keep, and sell the main body to recoup as much of the original cost as i can.

My question here is, can i cut it as soon as the flesh is separated? will the separate heads share internal parts shortly after separating heads?

Thanks.

RC Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggest letting it go until it is two distinct heads with separate stalks. Rushing it will also put both heads in jeopardy.

Probably not what you're wanting to hear.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggest letting it go until it is two distinct heads with separate stalks. Rushing it will also put both heads in jeopardy.

Probably not what you're wanting to hear.
oof, judging by what i've heard, these things grow real slow.

hope i don't have anything funky happen in the mean time...

RC Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they have to grow hard skeletons and that takes a long time. Not something you can put a timeframe on, and not something that's really "investment" friendly.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they have to grow hard skeletons and that takes a long time. Not something you can put a timeframe on, and not something that's really "investment" friendly.
hmm...

I have 2 other torches that i've had for 1.5~2 years, i cant remember. Both started as 1 single head each, but now 1 is just splitting into 2 (last bit of flesh about to separate), and the other 1 is at least 20 heads (i lost count and didn't bother).

hoping the gold boi trends towards the 20 head's growth speed...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back