When to Move Leather

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoohoot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zoohoot

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
166
Location
Searcy
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reposting this to the general discussion forum to get a little more activity...

When should I move these guys?

I have a toadstool leather coral that hosts my pair of clowns in my existing 80 gallon aquarium.

IMG_1433.jpeg



I will eventually be moving them to a 280 gallon mixed reef I’m setting up. My cycle is complete in the new tank. I am in the ugly stage with some green hair algae but that is receding nicely. So far I have some snails and 4 green chromis doing well in the new tank.

I don’t want to rush the move but I do want them to go into my new tank before other fish so they get comfortable and to hopefully minimize any bullying from tangs I plan to have in the new tank eventually. These are my prized pets and want it to go well. Think I need some advice and maybe encouragement LOL.

Would appreciate any advice!
 
Thanks so much! So far stable. I think I’m going to wait one more week then go for it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new