When to remove fluconazole for bryopsis

Resilient

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my Fluconazole at the 20mg/gallon for 16 days now. The well defined bryposis stems are gone. I would describe it as sort of melting and becoming fuzzy and lighter. But it is still there and in darker areas, there is more of the 'fuzzy' looking stuff hanging around that is darker in color, but still not the original green.

Originally it looked like this:

PXL_20240207_044559215.MP (1).jpg
PXL_20240120_032851410.MP.jpg

Now it looks like this:

PXL_20240226_192227955.jpg

What is left more looks like slimy feathers than the delicate branching strands before. I don't even know for sure that it is still Bryopsis left.

I don't want to water change too early before it is all dead and have to repeat it. So just trying to figure out if I should let it ride another week or two or if now is a good time to change it out, because the recommendation is 2 weeks and I hit that already.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the shaded areas will probably still have bryopsis. you have to make sure it gets hit with light. ride it out for another week before dosing again or doing a WC

OP
OP
Resilient

Resilient

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been moving the light around to get light to all areas of the tank. But what is left is mostly in underhangs in rockwork. I would have to hang a light on the side of the aquarium or something to get direct light in there...

I'll let it go another week at least then.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back