When to start triton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jester17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 155g I have 6 small fish and 7 small LPS corals. Due to the cost of testing how much coral stock should I have before I start your triton method. what type of stock is your testing optimal for. SPS mainly?

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

I haven't really seen anything resembling a recommended testing schedule, when to start it and about how long it should take to dial in.

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 155g I have 6 small fish and 7 small LPS corals. Due to the cost of testing how much coral stock should I have before I start your triton method. what type of stock is your testing optimal for. SPS mainly?

HI jester,

Although the Triton water analysis can be used on all types of systems, the testing is particularly effective and useful for "SPS" corals, where you will realize significant benefits from the detailed analysis of trace element. In our opinion, the Triton "method" really excels in an "SPS" reef. "LPS" corals seem to be a lot more tolerant of subtle variations in water chemistry, and tend to do fine in systems managed with water changes and other well-established techniques. That being said, there is certainly nothing wrong with using the analysis for an "LPS" system to establish "baselines" and gain information on the trace element uptake and overall system stability. On the whole, however, we feel that the Triton "method" gives SPS keepers a great advantage as we move forward in the hobby.

-Scott and Joe

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HI jester,

Although the Triton water analysis can be used on all types of systems, the testing is particularly effective and useful for "SPS" corals, where you will realize significant benefits from the detailed analysis of trace element. In our opinion, the Triton "method" really excels in an "SPS" reef. "LPS" corals seem to be a lot more tolerant of subtle variations in water chemistry, and tend to do fine in systems managed with water changes and other well-established techniques. That being said, there is certainly nothing wrong with using the analysis for an "LPS" system to establish "baselines" and gain information on the trace element uptake and overall system stability. On the whole, however, we feel that the Triton "method" gives SPS keepers a great advantage as we move forward in the hobby.

-Scott and Joe

My understanding is that Triton involved establishing a baseline by much testing and seeing what was the best baseline for elements in that system (which is currently established for SPS systems) for the overall best health of livestock, right? If that is the case, it would be REALLY cool to see Triton work at establishing a baseline for LPS systems using similar processes. Is this something you see as a possible project in the future?

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that Triton involved establishing a baseline by much testing and seeing what was the best baseline for elements in that system (which is currently established for SPS systems) for the overall best health of livestock, right? If that is the case, it would be REALLY cool to see Triton work at establishing a baseline for LPS systems using similar processes. Is this something you see as a possible project in the future?

I'm sure it's not only possible- I'm sure it's been done by one of the many Triton users in Europe already! Remember, Triton has a 7 year pedigree in Europe..!

Back