When will I see my wrasse?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
12,342
Reaction score
25,559
Location
Sayreville, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a melanurus wrasse yesterday and put him (yes, he’s a male) in the tank last night after acclimating. He immediately dove into the sand with a plume of sand thrown up into the tank.

It is now the following day, about 24 hours since putting him into the tank, and I can only assume he’s still buried in the sand. So when will I see this guy. How long before a sand-burying wrasse is comfortable showing its face?
 
Whenever he's ready. Might be a day, might be a week or even two. There's nothing you can (or should) do besides have patience and let nature work. :)
 
Day three and the melanurus has landed! He is out and swimming around the tank. Wooo Hooo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new