When will you have trochus and nassarus snails?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting for you to have trochus and nassarus snails for months. Any update of if you ever plan to stock these again?

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, probably never. They have been out of stock for almost a year now. I gave up waiting on them a long time ago and went else where. You might want to consider doing the same.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello!
Actually, while it feels like we never have them, our limited supply comes in and sells out very quickly every Friday, we definitely have not been out for a year! I truly apologize for our lower stock since covid began, and we are working hard to bring all of our most popular products back in stock as quickly as we possibly can. Please reach out to us if you have any other questions, we will be happy to help!

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Actually, while it feels like we never have them, our limited supply comes in and sells out very quickly every Friday, we definitely have not been out for a year! I truly apologize for our lower stock since covid began, and we are working hard to bring all of our most popular products back in stock as quickly as we possibly can. Please reach out to us if you have any other questions, we will be happy to help!
I'll keep checking.

But you said "supply comes in". This concerns me. I buy form AlgaeBarn because I thought you breed stuff on site in tanks that never see anything from the ocean and should therefore be disease-free. Do you source those snails from elsewhere?

I've had no problems attributable to AlgaeBarn adding things sans QT yet. I'd hate to learn I should be QTing stuff.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll keep checking.

But you said "supply comes in". This concerns me. I buy form AlgaeBarn because I thought you breed stuff on site in tanks that never see anything from the ocean and should therefore be disease-free. Do you source those snails from elsewhere?

I've had no problems attributable to AlgaeBarn adding things sans QT yet. I'd hate to learn I should be QTing stuff.
They are aquacultured, we just don't do them in house. ~Shaun K.

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Actually I get all your emails about things coming in on Friday, I made several calls about being notified when they do come in and never once have I seen or been notified about trochus or cerith snails coming in. This isnt a COVID thing either because I’ve been trying since January of this year. You may have limited supply on other things but you have no supply on these snails. Please just keep it real.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually I get all your emails about things coming in on Friday, I made several calls about being notified when they do come in and never once have I seen or been notified about trochus or cerith snails coming in. This isnt a COVID thing either because I’ve been trying since January of this year. You may have limited supply on other things but you have no supply on these snails. Please just keep it real.
We do get them in occasionally but are very limited amount and sell out VERY quickly. Yes, this is however a covid situation as even LFS have a harder time obtaining them and thus increase their prices. ~Shaun K.

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do get them in occasionally but are very limited amount and sell out VERY quickly. Yes, this is however a covid situation as even LFS have a harder time obtaining them and thus increase their prices. ~Shaun K.

Hey I get you’re trying present the company well but once again lets keep it real. We can’t blame everything on Covid. I had no problem finding trochus and cerith snails in large quantities in a timely matter within the last few months elsewhere for a normal price. I’m not saying you’re bad or that people shouldn’t shop with you, just keep it real. Maybe COVID is having an effect for you but you had problems stocking these months before COVID.

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't see an increase in your prices, but I'd be willing to pay it if I could get CUC I didn't have to QT. Maybe I'm the only one, but if you had some premium access to your stock when it's in short supply, that would help me out a lot. One more QT (cuz my current one has had copper in it) likely won't fly with the wife.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back