Where are the tank sales?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive seen many on here recently stating they want a new tank for Christmas or Hoping to find a specific tank on sale for Christmas.
I see Holiday sales have begun but am now wondering, as in the past, Where are the tank sales?
I see pumps, filters, accessories and other goods on sale, but Few if any tanks.

Have others noticed the same and is there a tank you are hoping to see reduced for the Holidays to fill your wish list?

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox started last Friday at 10-20% off. "Blue Friday". All I've seen so far. I'm waiting on algae scrubbers myself.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen many on here recently stating they want a new tank for Christmas or Hoping to find a specific tank on sale for Christmas.
I see Holiday sales have begun but am now wondering, as in the past, Where are the tank sales?
I see pumps, filters, accessories and other goods on sale, but Few if any tanks.

Have others noticed the same and is there a tank you are hoping to see reduced for the Holidays to fill your wish list?
I look at offerup, r2r, and local fb pages for used tank sale, specifically ginormous acrylic tanks! ;)

brclark82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM has a decent sale on their larger tanks right now…essentially an additional 10% off their usual 40% off (which equates to a real word 14% discount form their “normal price” since the extra 10% is taken from the “regular” price and not the normally 40% discounted price)

Waterbox is running 10% off and if you can find one of the new “plus” packages that fit your needs the discounts are pretty solid. The problem is you’re locked into lights and equipment you may not be interested in.

Other than that I also haven’t seen much that interests me.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I look at offerup, r2r, and local fb pages for used tank sale, specifically ginormous acrylic tanks! ;)
Im referring to vendor and holiday sales by sponsors. Not too many want a used tank for Christmas. Over the years there has been a few types of systems/ensembles for holiday sales.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on systems but Petco is running their 50% off Aqueon

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCAquariums typically has a pretty solid Black Friday sale on already reasonably priced tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back