Where can I buy a spiny oyster shell?

jje2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of anywhere online I can purchase a spiny oyster shell to use for feeding my seahorses?

Thanks!

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinegar and water the let in soak in water for a few days. I dont actually have any as I dont even have seahorses so as far as mounting I will be of little help. You just asked where to buy them and those look like they will work pretty good to feed some ponies. Now for mounting I guess it really would depend on what else is in the tank. If nothing else is in there but ponies you can mount it in the sand or pretty much anywhere.

KrazieKiKi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would do is use tank safe silicon and attach it to a magnetic algae cleaner (the ones that have 1/2 inside the tank and the other outside the tank) that way you can move the bowl up to the top and clean it out easier. Just a suggestion tho. You wouldn't have to risk drilling holes and cracking the shell. I use an algae clip this way in another tank of mine. Stole the idea from my husband which I'm sure stole the idea from someone else. STEAL AWAY! [emoji12]

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back