Where can I buy coral poly bags for shipping frags?????

efishnsea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can buy the type of poly bags used for coral shipment.

Thanks
efishnsea

OP
OP
E

efishnsea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks d.drcich holy cow I really dont need a 1000 I guess that is the only quantity they have

I have heard of a breathable type and was also wondering if there was a special type that the industry uses??????

Last edited:

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allso something to keep in mind I use a bag sealer so 8" is tall enough. If you are going to use rubber bands definetly get taller so you can twist and fold over. Never used the breathable with zoa's I would be interested in anybodys opinion of those.

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are quite a few folks that have used or are using Kordon breathable bags. I am going to ship an order with some over the next few days and I am interested to see how they hold up. The are 1.5mil so I guess double bagged and a box liner will work.

OP
OP
E

efishnsea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I found the place to get bags and shipping supplies, breathable bags as well. It is at kensfish.com. He has everything you need at a great price and super fast service. I ordered via internet/paypal on Tuesday and they will ship on Wednesday.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!!!!:D

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i didnt see this earlier. Thats where i get my bags and stuff from.

Now about the kordon bags. When placed in a box full of peanuts, and sealed with a heat pack. Will they breath in co2 from the heat pack?

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also buy the Kordon Breathable bags direct from Kordon. They ship pretty quickly as well.

http://www.novalek.com/

Now about the kordon bags. When placed in a box full of peanuts, and sealed with a heat pack. Will they breath in co2 from the heat pack?

This question got me interested in how these warmers work... So far I haven't been able to find anything on CO2 production by the warmer.

From the Grabber warmers website: http://www.warmers.com

7. How do Grabber Warmers work?

Warmers operate on a chemical reaction with air similar to rusting. The warmer ingredients are iron, water, cellulose, vermiculite, activated carbon and salt. The heating process takes place in this fashion:

* The iron in the pouch, when exposed to oxygen, oxidizes and therefore produces heat (aka, "Air Activated").
* When iron oxidizes it produces iron oxide, more commonly referred to as rust.
* The salt acts as a catalyst.
* The carbon helps disperse the heat.
* The vermiculite is used as an insulator for the purpose of retaining the heat and the cellulose is added as a filler.
* All of these ingredients are surrounded by a polypropylene bag.
* Polypropylene allows air to permeate the ingredients while holding in moisture.

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, some info from Kordon:

Breathing Bags function well when packed in conventional foam plastic or corrugated boxes. Foam and cardboard boxes have a high rate of breathability, even if these containers are sealed with tape. Air is normally over 21% oxygen, which is over 210,000 ppm (parts per million). Aquatic invertebrates and fishes normally have only about 4-14 ppm oxygen available to them in water.

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got my bags from aquabid a while back
bought like 500 for cheap
dont remember exact amounts but it was like $10 or so?

OP
OP
E

efishnsea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KENSFISH is the BOMB!!! I ordered and I had it within 3 days!!!You name he has it!!!!!!!!BTW breathable as well /B]

Last edited:

storrisch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should not double bag with kordon breather bags. they are supposed to be entirely filled with water and then sealed.

taken from kordon
"For most smaller spiny fishes it is sufficient to multiple bag them, Breathing Bag within Breathing Bag, preferably with the inner bag wrapped in one or more layers of newspaper. There is a proportionate loss of breathability (up to approximately 50%) for one bag inside another, which will affect different animals differently. The user should experiment to find acceptable conditions for multiple bagging."

I prefer the 2mil for frags and 3mil for fish.

I also def. recommend kensfish.com

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't be disappointed :)

I ordered from a cheaper place before going with uline. They sent 1000 bags that were side seamed and thrown loosely in a box. Even though they advertise the same type (used the same picture too) as uline. Lesson learned.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back