Where can I find a Yellow stingray. (Urobatis jamaicensis)

Tliguors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently just upgraded my 275 to a 500+ gallon system and I wanted to get another stingray. I'm partial to the yellow because I had one In the past he was very personable and friendly and loved swimming about. I purposely had the tank built to have the proper swimming space for my sharks and so I could get another ray and so they could be happy. My only issue is that it seems none of my lfs on Long Island can obtain it and all the online retailers I have found has none. Does anyone know anywhere reliable that I can find one? Currently I have a pair of coral cat sharks that bred for the first time this year( have had the female for about 4 years and the male for about 2 and both were a rescue from a very small tank at a lfs) a porcupine puffer that is like a puppy dog and only cares about crab clusters and eating all my snails, a Stars and Stripes puffer, 6 yellow tangs, a Caribbean blue tang, orange shoulder tang, naso tang and a baby white spotted in holding onto for a friend. I'll post some pics of my tank.

IMG_6567.JPG

IMG_6606.JPG

IMG_6607.JPG

IMG_6643.JPG

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in LI are you from?? I’m from LI as well and would just love the chance to see this amazing tank in person

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try fishtown USA, they usually get rays in. KHC aquarium may be able to get one as well.

OP
OP
Tliguors

Tliguors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in massapequa. It's still a work in progress. Have a lot to still finish up. I got the tank from custom aquariums. The tank is amazing. The only thing I'm not to fond of is the overflow boxes and the openings on the hinge tops are very small. I'm considering removing them and just doing a straight pipe to the sump if anyone has any input on the pros and cons of straight pipe vs overflow boxes. I feel like the boxes are slot louder then the straight runs. When everything is all finished I'll take some real pictures with an actual camera.

I haven't heard of those are they local to li ?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back