Help with adding additional stingrays

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock pond that have three Cortez stingrays that are thriving. A zebra moray eel and a bamboo shark. Other fish as well that are stingray safe.. My total water volumne is 750 gallons.. I have tried to add other stingrays, blue spotted, diamond blue spotted, and a guitarfish. After like 2 weeks they are passing away. Are my 3 rays taking these guys out? Prob 6 months ago I tried adding another ray and the same thing. I am at wits end... Any ideas would help..

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock pond that have three Cortez stingrays that are thriving. A zebra moray eel and a bamboo shark. Other fish as well that are stingray safe.. My total water volumne is 750 gallons.. I have tried to add other stingrays, blue spotted, diamond blue spotted, and a guitarfish. After like 2 weeks they are passing away. Are my 3 rays taking these guys out? Prob 6 months ago I tried adding another ray and the same thing. I am at wits end... Any ideas would help..
Yes definitely possible the other rays are either directly or indirectly causing the deaths of the new rays. Have you gendered your rays? Elasmobranch in general will be territorial to other males and typically unless they are raised together the best way to keep them would be 1 male maximum.

OP
OP
tkiry1

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do u tell gender? My original 3, I did buy at one time prob like 2 years ago.. Over those 2 years I have tried adding rays and not one has made it..

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do u tell gender? My original 3, I did buy at one time prob like 2 years ago.. Over those 2 years I have tried adding rays and not one has made it..
Claspers. Male elasmobranchs have two leg - like projections that come out of the base of their pelvic fins. Male holocephalians also have an additional organ on the head but I don’t think anyone keeps them.

oh come on no shot r2r censors *****

OP
OP
tkiry1

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Claspers. Male elasmobranchs have two leg - like projections that come out of the base of their pelvic fins. Male holocephalians also have an additional organ on the head but I don’t think anyone keeps them.

oh come on no shot r2r censors *****
Thank you for help.. My parameters are fine as well tested them...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back