Where can I find large frag discs?

Mattyice008

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
646
Reaction score
95
Location
Gainesville, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I work at a store in north central Florida, and we are needing large frag disc, at least 3 inches in diameter, for grow out pieces. None of our dry goods suppliers carry them. Please let me know if there's place to get them cheap!
 
Gotta find someone that makes them we have a guy in our club that did make them not sure if he's still has the time to do so. I know he broke down his tank do to not having time. He fires them right at his house I believe
 
Look into tumbled travertine or marble tile they come in 1", 2", 3", 4", and 6" and available at most hardware and home improvement stores. I use the 1" and 2" all the time for quite some time.


Cheers, Todd
 
Look into tumbled travertine or marble tile they come in 1", 2", 3", 4", and 6" and available at most hardware and home improvement stores. I use the 1" and 2" all the time for quite some time.


Cheers, Todd

Agreed...

Best bang for your buck right here
 
Alternative Reef is were I got mine, he makes them square and circular. Not as cheap as HD tile however easier to cut and supports a small business in the industry. He has a forum here
 
I make my own with a 3" diamond hole saw and left over tile from work (I am a contractor). I even drill a hole in the center for frag plugs to fit in. How many did you need?

IMG_1100.jpg
 
I make my own with a 3" diamond hole saw and left over tile from work (I am a contractor). I even drill a hole in the center for frag plugs to fit in. How many did you need?


do you neeed to cure your tile? or can it just go right in ? any mag or any thing gonna be put out by it ?

pm me bud.
 
Which kind/type tile you are using?
I make my own with a 3" diamond hole saw and left over tile from work (I am a contractor). I even drill a hole in the center for frag plugs to fit in. How many did you need?

IMG_1100.jpg
 
That looks to be regular travertine tile. I few weeks ago I saw a guy on ebay selling 13 fer $20 iirc.
 
I believe that was ceramic tile. Not 100% sure to be honest. I just ran with it and it worked.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new