Where can I get good quality live rock rubble?

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering if anyone knew where to get good quality live rock rubble. I have a small tank that is already stocked but I was just looking to add some additional small pieces of live rock behind my structure and in one of the back compartments of my tank to create a pseudo-crytpic zone for sponges and pods. Any help would be appreciated!

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many LFS (in my area at least) have small rubble buckets attached to their live rock bins. When they get live rock shipped to them there’s always bits that break off and most shops around me sell the rubble for super cheap. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Psst.... your work!

Or TBS?
Lol, true but it’s all large pieces of CaribSea rock. More interested in stuff from the ocean. Does TBS do rubble?

Can't you just take a rock and smash it into rubble with a hammer/axe? It works very well for me.
Yes I could, just don’t need a lot which makes finding a place to buy from more challenging. Probably only need one rock to make enough rubble I would guess.

Many LFS (in my area at least) have small rubble buckets attached to their live rock bins. When they get live rock shipped to them there’s always bits that break off and most shops around me sell the rubble for super cheap. Hope this helps!
Unfortunately where I’m at I don’t have any good LFS. Also trying to minimize going out as best as possible in the current situation. Otherwise I’d probably make a drive to a nice aquarium shop and go hunting through the live rock bin! :D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back