Where can I get replacement tubing for Spectrapure ultra precise ATO?

Layne.Wilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing some matnence on this unit because it was making some noise. After taking out the tube it looks like it’s time for it to be replaced. Any idea where I can find some?
image.jpg

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speatrapure, but it is costly. Maybe less than 20 bucks.
Personally I would pay for the tubing. I would be concerned plain silicone tubing won't hold up to the peristaltic pump. There are grades of silicone tubing used in these pumps but they are designed for peristaltic pumps. You could try another company like USPlastics but they seem to be out of stock on many items and the ones in stock are really long rolls. Finding a company to sell you a few feet may be a challenge. I have the same ATO and wondering what I am going to do also..
https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=856&clickid=topnavmenu

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now just bite the bullet & get it from Spectrapure.
Many have tried over the years with some success but I get years out of mine & it is supposed to have a shield of some kind on the tubing for a peristaltic pump.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As Snoopy said, Spectrapure sells it. And they say you need to buy theirs as they put a protective plastic over the section of the tubing that make contact with the rollers, to prevent it from squeezing the tube so tight that over time it can cause a leak. Also as he said, the tubing lasts ~18 months so it's probably a worthwhile investment. That said, I did find this tubing from various forums as the correct size, and it will work, the issue is you void your warranty if you use it (if it's still under warranty) and run the risk of a leak, so if you go this route, make sure to change it much more frequently...

It's the option with 3/16" ID, 5/16" OD, 1/16" Wall, 10' Length

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 3.7%
Back