Where did you walk the path of totality?

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went to Detroit, Oregon. The center line of the path actually passed right through the lake.
IMG_0728.JPG
This picture was taken from our campsite on top of boulder peak about 2 miles in on the opal creek backpacking trail , which is about 10 miles (Driving) north of Detroit.
Full credit goes to my wonderful girlfriend Grace for finding the hike.

This wasn't taken at our campsite, but at a fellow backpackers about 3/4 mile from ours.
IMG_0733.JPG
They were camped at the top of This peak. They drove down from B.C. to come walk in the path.
IMG_0716.JPG
Most of that is fog... probably.
There was/is a forest fire near Sisters, Oregon which was not very from us, we could actually see the fire. It was a major viewing threat for the area. Fortunately we were about a mile up.

Grace and I go hiking every couple of weeks when it's nice out, and love to camp, but bringing 4 other people who were not up for it was brutal. I ended up hiking 13.6 miles on Sunday just fetching water.

All that we did in the end, was totally worth it though. It was a phenomenal experience I will never forget.
IMG_0722.JPG

So, I want to hear about where you went. How'd it go? What were the concerns and threats for "total bust" instead?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some gorgeous pictures. I have been in many places but the only one that made me cry was walking around the footprint of where the World Trade Center Towers were. I worked on the construction of the towers and was near there and watched when they fell.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back