Where do you get Thin ceramic tiles, 3-4"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rakie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
5,567
Reaction score
17,040
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I don't know the right retailers for this item. I can't find any ceramic 3 or 4" tiles. I can only find the thick travertine tiles from home depot.

I figured this is the place to point me in the proper direction
 
Ron boyer owns inland corals and makes ceramic discs in bulk. 2-3". Look him up on FB if you're interested. Might do a run of tiles for you if you ask nice haha
 
How thin are you needing? I use the homedepot ones but they are just over 1/4" thick.
 
How thin are you needing? I use the homedepot ones but they are just over 1/4" thick.

I was hoping thin enough to cut with bone cutters. The home depot ones I've got are pretty sturdy haha
 
I was hoping thin enough to cut with bone cutters. The home depot ones I've got are pretty sturdy haha
Ah ok, yeah the Home Depot ones are to thick for that.
 
The alternative reef, forum sponsor with good quality products. Wholesale available as well. I've tried plenty of different options and these have been the best overall by far.
 
Take the travertine ones, lean it up against a wall and strike with your foot. Don't come out square but breaks into pieces.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new