Where do you run your Kessils?

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon mixed reef running 2 Kessil A360W Tuna Blues.....where do you run your color and intensity at their peak during the day? I’m at 40% color and 100% intensity for 5 hours per day. My corals seem to like it and I like the color at those settings. What say you?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon mixed reef running 2 Kessil A360W Tuna Blues.....where do you run your color and intensity at their peak during the day? I’m at 40% color and 100% intensity for 5 hours per day. My corals seem to like it and I like the color at those settings. What say you?
How far off the waters surface do you have the kessils mounted? I have the AP700 mounted 9" off the waters surface on my 40 Breeder and I ramp up to about 70% intensity and go to the 4th blue on the color wheel.

OP
OP
GoPitt88

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far off the waters surface do you have the kessils mounted? I have the AP700 mounted 9" off the waters surface on my 40 Breeder and I ramp up to about 70% intensity and go to the 4th blue on the color wheel.

About 6.5 inches. Not sure what you mean by 4th blue on color wheel. With the 360's, you choose a percentage from 0 to 100.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 6.5 inches. Not sure what you mean by 4th blue on color wheel. With the 360's, you choose a percentage from 0 to 100.
With the Kessil AP700 its controlled via a wifi app. And instead of choosing a color percentage, you have a color wheel that you choose your color with.
TuZJNwil.png

I don't ever have mine go higher than the 4th over from the deep ocean blue setting.

How long have you had the Kessil's over your tank? I'd be careful running them at 100%, they can burn out your corals. However if they seem to be enjoying it just keep a close eye on them :)

OP
OP
GoPitt88

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Kessil AP700 its controlled via a wifi app. And instead of choosing a color percentage, you have a color wheel that you choose your color with.
TuZJNwil.png

I don't ever have mine go higher than the 4th over from the deep ocean blue setting.

How long have you had the Kessil's over your tank? I'd be careful running them at 100%, they can burn out your corals. However if they seem to be enjoying it just keep a close eye on them :)

About 10 months or so. I have a pink birdsnest near the top that's growing like crazy, but does seem to have some whitish tips. It's weird...it's mostly pink but looks to be green in spots. Anyway, I backed it off to 90% intensity for now. My other corals are doing great, so don't want to make too big of a change. [emoji846]

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video of my tank. Sorry if it's a little blurry.

a LITTLE blurry?? You must be the guy filming Bigfoot! Lol just kidding, good looking tank and it seems everything in it is alive and healthy :)

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a LITTLE blurry?? You must be the guy filming Bigfoot! Lol just kidding, good looking tank and it seems everything in it is alive and healthy :)

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here."

OP
OP
GoPitt88

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any others with input? Looking for color and intensity percentages :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back