Where to buy Brute Trash Can, Online and/or Retail locations?

Ezduzt_nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that Brute trash cans are spoken about, and that they have cheap shipping, but I can't find where to buy them? What Online Stores are there, or physical Stores that have bought these from, that you would recommend please?

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mentioned above, but I got my food grade Brute cans and casters at Lowes. Ace and Home Depot had them, too.

They are fairly standard priced,CSO I would think ordering online might cost you more due to shipping...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not really, they should all be food grade. You'll likely to only find gray unless you go to a specialty store.

Where do you see that they are food grade? I see lots of options online to purchase them - but I dont see any labeled 'food grade'. Also wonder - why is a trash can made of food grade plastic? Thanks

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you see that they are food grade? I see lots of options online to purchase them - but I dont see any labeled 'food grade'. Also wonder - why is a trash can made of food grade plastic? Thanks
On rubbermaid website.

They are NSF grade, as almost all their products are, as well as the food industry uses them.

They are made of food grade plastic for the restaurant industry, as they are normally used to store bulk items, I/E flour, Ice etc.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will find food grade avail in white. They also come in green, red, blue and gray. Rubbermaid and Continental both make the same can. Cont. buys old Rubbermaid molds. The reason for "food grade" is that a lot of food processors and manufacturing facilities store ingredients and use them, both liquid and dry .
Restaurant, Food and Janitorial supply houses usually carry them.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You won't see them listed specifically as food grade. You can look at the number inside the recycle symbol and that will tell you what they are (on the bottom of the can). There should be "5"...

Same material used in a lot of drinking straws, bottle caps, and condiment bottles.

OP
OP
E

Ezduzt_nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I've finally gotten all of the essential equipment to actually setup my system, and will be buying these this weekend! Yea!!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back