Where to buy live rock from the coral triangle (Indonesia, the Philippines, Borneo, etc.)?

sweetwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know a source for live rock from this area? It has the most biodiverse reef ecosystems in the world by far but I'm not sure about the availability of NATURAL live rock from this area these days. Does anyone know where I can get some?

OP
OP
S

sweetwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not 100% but I dont think they pull rock from here anymore. The have been importing Australian live rock though.
I've heard Indonesian is available from a different thread but don't know any sourc to get it from

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard Indonesian is available from a different thread but don't know any sourc to get it from
I've found Indo rock in Illinois. Also "cured" Indo rock. Not a whole lot on it from a micro fauna perspective. Surely loaded with bacteria, though. I can't confirm the source of the rock, but trust the seller (primarily service, but does have a small store occasionally open to the public).

Fiji rock should be coming back soon. I'm not sure where the permit process is, but was told it would lag a month or two after the Fiji coral started showing up in the states.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back