Where to buy silicone

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’ve been trying to hunt down Momentive RTV103/108 and I haven’t had any luck finding it, and the only place that I’ve seen that has it is Amazon but the prices are insane. I was wondering where everyone else gets it? Grainger says that it has been discontinued.

I’ve also been looking for GE SCS1200 series too, but that seems easier to come across.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GE Siliccone 1... I advise you to stick to the I and not II because II includes anti mold agents.

The one without the mildew resistant additive https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Silicone-1-10-1-oz-Clear-Silicone-Caulk/3070881

1607014032626.png

OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amazon appears to be out of stock at the moment.. Newark has it, but you want to talk about expensive.. 45 for a tube.
Yea, it’s been driving me nuts, someone else was talking about another silicone called ASI, and apparently it has the same shear strength (400psi I believe) as SCS1200 and RTV. But I haven’t heard many people using it so I haven’t thought of it as much.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’ve been trying to hunt down Momentive RTV103/108 and I haven’t had any luck finding it, and the only place that I’ve seen that has it is Amazon but the prices are insane. I was wondering where everyone else gets it? Grainger says that it has been discontinued.

I’ve also been looking for GE SCS1200 series too, but that seems easier to come across.

This site has it at a slightly smaller price point (10.1 oz cartridge) than Amazon

moonwaxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have used the asi from bulk reel on my 580 drop off tank. Now mind u this is a plywood build and corners have additional support.
Yet i have had no issues. Ive actually used it on quite a few builds over the years with no issues..Im sure theres a cut sheet online somewhere for it. Give u the nitty gritty on it.
Good luck

OP
OP
Brad_95

Brad_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have used the asi from bulk reel on my 580 drop off tank. Now mind u this is a plywood build and corners have additional support.
Yet i have had no issues. Ive actually used it on quite a few builds over the years with no issues..Im sure theres a cut sheet online somewhere for it. Give u the nitty gritty on it.
Good luck
Holy crap, forget about the silicone for a second, got any pics of your tank?

moonwaxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I will post a few at some point soon. I need to put my build thread on at some point too. I will hit u up when they up. Ive been a member for over 10 years but Ive been hit or miss on the site for quite a while. Im gearing up to get my ratings up so I can start selling frags on here again. now that we can seem to do any shows here in my area.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back