Where to order Hammer/Torch corals reasonably

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R ! I was wondering where you guys order Hammer corals and Torch Corals ? I’m a big fan of these and I’m especially trying to grow out my hammer island with various corals such as a rainbow hammer, bi color splatter hammer etc. I’m heading to a frag swap here in Houston this weekend and wanted to hear you guys out on average frag swap hammer prices ? This is my first time attending one and I’m curious how much money to withdraw haha , thank you !!

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my best torch on ebay.
But I'll bet you'll get some great buys at the frag swap.
I really hope so ! I’m hoping to add 5 hammers to the island, just not sure how much they would be. I really want those highlighter bright hammers and a bi color splatter, I hope not to pay more than $40 for those

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my frogspawn from a vendor here. Got my hammer and octo from aquasd. Got my torch from lfs.

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my frogspawn from a vendor here. Got my hammer and octo from aquasd. Got my torch from lfs.
Aqua sd is an amazing company from I’ve seen, their acans are definitely one of the best look and cheap acans I’ve seen ! I’m wondering how much euphyllia such as neon yellow hammers go for at swaps , not sure how much money to withdraw from the bank haha

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're getting single heads of branching hammers you can probably get them for $40 a head from quite a few vendors tbh just gotta do some searching.

If you're looking for wall hammers I'd say $80-100 as a minimum unless you know some good friends.

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R ! I was wondering where you guys order Hammer corals and Torch Corals ? I’m a big fan of these and I’m especially trying to grow out my hammer island with various corals such as a rainbow hammer, bi color splatter hammer etc. I’m heading to a frag swap here in Houston this weekend and wanted to hear you guys out on average frag swap hammer prices ? This is my first time attending one and I’m curious how much money to withdraw haha , thank you !!
Check local markets etc. That's where you get best deals.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For "normal" branching hammers, I'd say $25-40 per head is pretty average (from hobbyists). For the rarer stuff (Gold, Rainbow, etc), probably more like $50-75 per head.

Before a recent bout of BJD, I was up to 7 different hammers, including some cool, more rare ones. I ended up losing 3 (7 heads total) of my favorites (and 1 head of Neon Aussie Torch, and 6 heads of Frog/octospawn).

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're getting single heads of branching hammers you can probably get them for $40 a head from quite a few vendors tbh just gotta do some searching.

If you're looking for wall hammers I'd say $80-100 as a minimum unless you know some good friends.
Mhm I’ve found an Indo gold at my LFS for $45 before, got it a few months ago, it’s thriving. I hope at least to find some hammers around that price range at the swap, especially those neon ones

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For "normal" branching hammers, I'd say $25-40 per head is pretty average (from hobbyists). For the rarer stuff (Gold, Rainbow, etc), probably more like $50-75 per head.

Before a recent bout of BJD, I was up to 7 different hammers, including some cool, more rare ones. I ended up losing 3 (7 heads total) of my favorites (and 1 head of Neon Aussie Torch, and 6 heads of Frog/octospawn).
Oh wow that’s super cool ! I love hammers with a passion , right after are Zoas haha, I only have hammers in my tank and they’re on an island. I’m hoping to get some rainbow and neon hammers at the swap here in Houston , hopefully I can get them reasonable priced. I would love torches and I do ! But man oh man are they super expensive ! I’ll probably trade for torches once my hammers start branching !

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is that a risk ? Are their corals not as healthy ?
Of the 7 varieties of hammers, 6 varieties of torches and 6 different frog/octospawn I have had, all were from local hobbyists. Not a single one was purchased through an online shop or an LFS. IMO, you have better chances buying from someone who has grown them in their own tank, and for SURE get better prices.

thereefhotspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

We have quite a few WYSIWYG Hammer corals to choose from! Check out the links in our signature below and sign up for our email list to stay updated!

All the best,

Gavin

Attachments

• 4 Aussie Green Wall Hammer 4 (2).JPG
    4 Aussie Green Wall Hammer 4 (2).JPG
    155 KB · Views: 21
  • 1 Aussie Orange Wall Hammer 1 (2).JPG
    1 Aussie Orange Wall Hammer 1 (2).JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 3 Aussie Toxic Mottled Wall Hammer 3 (2).JPG
    3 Aussie Toxic Mottled Wall Hammer 3 (2).JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 22