Where to place nero 3 + coral plan

Sammy470

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, this is my first time posting here.

It is a waterbox 15g which i have taken high budget to go sps route with xr15. I have got 2 clowns in there since yesterday and i think the flow might be too high and wrong position.

Where do you think would be good to place it and what power?

The scape at the back is too high and I will snap the big part off down the line once I've got some coral in the tank. I wonder if you might be able to help me plan my coral placement, I know I will want a group of hammers and a torch as well as some acros and Montis.
Thanks guys!

20230121_130542.jpg 20230121_130533.jpg

Danny G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s tough because it really depends on where you place your coral. Some will want the higher flow while others do not. Going SPS I would place it on the side so you get some swirl action in the tank. I use my nero and set it to pulse settings. Seems to do well for me. I keep mine lowest flow setting but mine is also a small 20 gallon.

rock work looks awesome!

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my Nero on the back wall of the AIO peninsula, you can wrap the magnet in a ziplock if you are concerned

OP
OP
S

Sammy470

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s tough because it really depends on where you place your coral. Some will want the higher flow while others do not. Going SPS I would place it on the side so you get some swirl action in the tank. I use my nero and set it to pulse settings. Seems to do well for me. I keep mine lowest flow setting but mine is also a small 20 gallon.

rock work looks awesome!
Thanks for the compliment!
What do you mean by lowest flow setting and how many seconds on and off do you use?

Cheers!

OP
OP
S

Sammy470

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if this is how it works but wanna bump this on the coral plan. My main thing is that I wanna have a euphyllia garden and sps area.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back