where to place sunset monti?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BIG FISH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BIG FISH

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to get some expertize in where to place my sunset monti frag. High low and how much flow. Ha ha that rhymes maybe I should have taken up rapping instead of reefing.
 
Whatever you do not put in a place that you may regret later...like a high light, prime acro spot directly in the middle of the tank like I did haha. IME it can be placed just about anywhere and it is highly invasive.
 
I got mine on a bottom rock under some good 250w lighting and it grows like mad and the color is great.
 
I've bleached mine twice now about 2/3 down in my tank. I've got it on the sand bed now under a ledge trying to get it to regain color.
 
Thank you everyone I had him at the top and I was getting good growth but the color wasn't what I hoped for so I put him about mid tank. My tank is a 72x24x30 deep so I am hoping to get a little better color. It has been a month since I had him shipped to me maybe he is just recovering still. How long should I expect it to take for him to color up from shipping? Thanks everyone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new