Where to put zoas

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna be getting a few Rasta zoas soon, only about 6 polyps but was just wondering where people think would be best to place them ?

IMG_6164.jpeg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rastas grow pretty quickly, so I'd place them somewhere relatively isolated. Once you start getting more zoas, you'll find which ones are faster growers and need restraint and which need their own space to grow before getting overgrown by others.

FYI, nuclear green palys and pandoras aka fairy dust palys are super fast growers and will happily overtake your others.

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rastas grow pretty quickly, so I'd place them somewhere relatively isolated. Once you start getting more zoas, you'll find which ones are faster growers and need restraint and which need their own space to grow before getting overgrown by others.

FYI, nuclear green palys and pandoras aka fairy dust palys are super fast growers and will happily overtake your others.
If I start with about 6 polyps how long do you think it would take to get to about 12 in good light and good parameters ?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. I have no idea. My zoas behave differently from time to time: sometimes growing at a great clip, sometimes melting away even though in my mind nothing has changed (so move them somewhere else and see if they like it more). I wouldn't be surprised to see them double in a few weeks.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back