Which Anthias species is right for me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SallyWho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SallyWho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2017
Messages
879
Reaction score
669
Location
SW Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking my 120g needs some anthias. Current occupants are a sizeable one spot foxface, a couple of clowns (who stubbornly refuse to pair up), and a firefish that I rarely see. I will soon be getting a wrasse, and the future holds a kole tang and a dwarf angel. What I'm looking for is an anthias species that isn't aggressive (won't beat each other up until there's only one left), won't all rapidly turn male, are hardy enough for a first-time anthias owner, and will stay small enough to keep 3-5 of them in a 120g. Does such a species exist? I was thinking Ignitus, Carberryi, or Dispar. I'm not a fan of those blotchy ones. What are your thoughts?
 
I have a trio of dispars and they are doing great in my 210. Feed 2x a day and they are pigs eating up anything they can
 
I have 5 purple queen, 2 lyre tail and 3 pink tip in my 150 gallon. They all get along good.
do the purple queens eat as well as the others for you?
heard they were extra picky
 
Purple queens are almost impossible to keep. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen them kept for more than a few months. Too bad because they are very pretty fish. Dispar or Ignatus would be the best choice. Not as colorful as some of the other ‘easier’ anthias, but not homicidal either.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new