which band saw to get??

With a dremel I have had the best luck with letting water run over my diamond blade and cutting the coral that way. It is the only way in my opinion. I dont like to do it but it does work and if you pour the water over it then the blade stays cool. But I am going to get a band saw quick though.
 
Bump to the top! I'm in the market for a saw. Would like to hear more reviews of the speedster XL if anyone can comment.


Thanks
 
I got the speedster XL. It is a good saw I suppose. I have no experience with anything else other than a friends inland.
 
I have the XL as well and I guess I have nothing to compare it to. It cuts well but to me is cheaply made. I don't imagine the Inlands being better made.
 
I have seen both in action and I like the simplicity of the Speedster for clean up but was not impressed much with the saw itself, over the inland..
.
I have the inland and I like it, ..
I have cut hundreds of frags (lps and rocks) and I'm still on my first blade
But I guess I'm biased ..
 
Thanks for the replies. I was leaning toward the inland, then saw a bunch of ppl jumping on the speedster bandwagon. But it looks like the inland gets the best reviews.
 
I have owned an inland for well over a ear now and I love it, I would not frag lps without it. I have had no trouble with it. After cutting a coral and putting back in the tank it usually opens right back up being it does such minimal damage to the coral. I do not see how you can go wrong buying one of these.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new