Which Bubble king for red sea 525xl

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys

Wanting to get some help selecting the right BK skimmer for my system. It’s a stocked sps tank. Lots of fish and NOPOX keep a pretty heavy load on my current skimmer, I skim decently wet and get a dark tea color in the collection cup with sludge on the inner and outer sides of the cup. Current skimmer is a is an eshopps s-200. Looking to upgrade to a BK. Total water volume is somewhere around 120g. I do plan to grow out the system and probably add a few more fish here and there.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am no expert dince i just bought one but these skimmers are a beast, running a mini 160 on a 65 gal and can see this model running a 100-125 gal system no problem . I also dig the set it and leave it on the 160/180 design. The Double cone takes alot more fiddling with to find sweet spot. Also depends on space in sump. Pump inside skimmer is a smaller footprint than double cone, good luck

OP
OP
Vmacisback

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about going with the BK 180 double cone but wondering if that would be overkill on this system

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The BK Double Cone 180 I have was purchased from a very successful SPS dominant reefer 525XL. I think it would be perfect.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back