Which food is best for corals without phosphate spike ?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It spiked by .10
This is a small spike and typical of roids supplement feeding which is why you only use it sparingly maybe once a week. I don't use it in my tank. Just phyto daily and reef nutrition weekly.

OP
OP
k2-

k2-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I will go broke feeding 1 cap per 10 gallon for my 240 + 100 gallon system , it’s 10.99 each so that’s like 33 bucks - makes me think I should start my own phyto culture

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My softies get Mysis shrimp and SPS get Red Sea AB+ and phyto plus aminos

just1seed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i hear that. But on the same note, it's not just phytoplankton it's Phyto-Plus. It is way better than normal plain phyto, with different organic nutrients, and each having a different purpose.

KirM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1688153192423.jpeg

I use Coral Feast if I’m in a rush. No measurable nutrient spike even if I broadcast it.
How often do you feed this?

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do agreed plankton is good food for corals (based on my experiences), but some long time Reefer disagree. I use it and it doesn’t increase PO4 in my tank. Quite the opposite the PO4 has decreased.
I suspect you are referring to RedSea Reef Energy AB+ and that is amino acids, good source of N for corals. Amino is good to use if you don’t have enough N due to lack of fish or snails and it is important nutrient / building block for the corals. From my research the Red Sea formulation is quite diluted so there are alternative products on the shelves that are economical long term. I prefer AMIN from Fauna Marin but be warned I been accused of marketing on R2R so do your research. I use AMIN and little goes long way in my system and I only comment on things I have used vs. things I have not used.

Happy reefing,
There's irony there, r2r accusing you of marketing heh

KirM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I way over feed. I broadcast this every other day.
Any problems with water parameters?
My tank is new and water parameters are now pretty normal (4 month old tank). I have SPS corals but my 2 LPS corals are dying. Started feeding the coral feast 3 days ago.

OP
OP
k2-

k2-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah my all parameters are pristine in fact I had trouble keeping nitrates and phosphates above 0 only after adding 5 more fish it has finally gone to detectable (low in the range)

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any problems with water parameters?
My tank is new and water parameters are now pretty normal (4 month old tank). I have SPS corals but my 2 LPS corals are dying. Started feeding the coral feast 3 days ago.

I have to dose 10ml neonitto and 13ml neophosphate to keep my numbers from hitting zero. I have another tank that hovers around 4/0.08 respectively. I gets that’s an N of 2, but in my experience this stuff is pretty clean.

KirM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to dose 10ml neonitto and 13ml neophosphate to keep my numbers from hitting zero. I have another tank that hovers around 4/0.08 respectively. I gets that’s an N of 2, but in my experience this stuff is pretty clean.
Daily dosing?

JGK17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using reefroids but my god the phosphate spike is very high , .10 after 12 hours of feeding with refugium and ozone (I know ozone doesn’t impact phosphate ) and I am a little concerned

Any one has recommendations on coral food without sending my phopsphates out of whack ?
Check out Coral Frenzy. I haven’t used it myself but I’ve heard it doesn’t raise your nutrients. Not sure if you are familiar w/ CC_Reefkpr but that is the coral food he uses.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back