Which is Wurdemanni and which is bogessi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Papleslie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Papleslie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
3
Location
Hungary
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I bought two crabs, but they are very different! In the store they said wurdemanni both. But I doubt it! What do you think?

IMG_6512.jpg
 
Shrimp, not crabs. haha.

I would say the lower one is wurdemanni, and top one looks like bogessi.

I recently bought one labeled as 'aptasia eating shrimp' from my LFS, but I'm pretty sure its a bogessi too.
 
Shrimp, not crabs. haha.

I would say the lower one is wurdemanni, and top one looks like bogessi.

I recently bought one labeled as 'aptasia eating shrimp' from my LFS, but I'm pretty sure its a bogessi too.
Sorry! Of course shrimp!:)
 
Lefty is correct. Wurdemanni's I can confirm will eat aiptasia as witnessed by my own eyes
 
I do not have any experience with that species and cannot confirm, but there are sources eg algaebarn that do say they will eat aiptasia.

Ultimately, you have one that will, and one that might - odd's aren't that bad. But, beware - I have seen peppermints become accustomed to tasting LPS corals in my tank. They were swiftly removed and placed into the sump after that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new