Which mail in water test is the best?

RaeRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to do a mail in water test. I'm having issues with my one of my newer tanks and can not nail it down on a simple test. For some reason my when I put frogspawn, hammers, brains in they close up in about 2 or three days. I put a brain in yesterday and just looked amazing! Swelled up just like it's supposed to. This morning still nice and puffed up, but all the mouths are open. I also noticed my turbo snails when I put them first in we're very active. And the last three or four days have been very lethargic. I have hermit crabs that are running around the tank like they're supposed to as well as a cleaner shrimp. They have been in there a while now and show no symptoms of anything wrong. So I'm thinking of going ahead and sending a water test in to get a closer look. What's the best one? Thanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use icp analysis on a regular basis. I send one on the first of every month. I get the results in 5-7 days. The tests are $30 each but you can find them for $25 some places. My LFS sells them for $25.

I used two Triton test. Their ICP and their Alk/Nitrate etc test. Each one took me over two weeks to get the results. The ICP almost 4 weeks. That by said they Have a lot more “bells and whistles” and many think they maybe more accurate. Idk? The tests are $50 each but you can buy in bulk $145 for three or $270 for six. I don’t have any (9 near me) LFS that sell them.

I have not tried any of the other test companies but strongly suggest doing icp testing regularly. While I think the Triton may be the better test with more perks I can do 2 icp analysis tests for the price of one of those. Since I don’t chance numbers and I am looking at trends and to be forewarned of potential issues AND because I don’t want to wait as long for my results, ICP Analysis is my go to.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%

Back