Which Nano Fish for 7 Gal

  • Thread starter Thread starter mh0ward
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mh0ward

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Messages
330
Reaction score
326
Location
BG
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide on what fish to keep in a ~7 gal (~12" cube) tank. After rock and sand, it's probably be more like 5.5-6 gal of water. I'm currently thinking between a Hector's Goby, Tailspot Blenny, and a Yellow Clown Goby. This would be the only fish in the tank but there would also be a small variety of inverts.. I am leaning toward a Tailspot Blenny since I have a bicolor Blenny in another tank and love its personality. Open to other suggestions for a small nano tank as well. What would you choose, and why? Thanks!
 
I would vote for a candy cane pistol shrimp and a small goby to accompany him. I think it would be very interesting to watch them cohabitate. If you decide to upgrade from a nano, they would enjoy the larger space too. Only downside is you need to be careful with other inverts in the tank with the duo.
 
I would vote for a candy cane pistol shrimp and a small goby to accompany him. I think it would be very interesting to watch them cohabitate. If you decide to upgrade from a nano, they would enjoy the larger space too. Only downside is you need to be careful with other inverts in the tank with the duo.
I already have a candy cane pistol shrimp and YWG in my other tank. I agree, they definitely are interesting to watch! My pair actually split up some time last week after being together for several months, hoping they find each other again soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new