Which of these should I get?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,647
Reaction score
67,846
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know they both do different things, but I'm wondering if I should get both or just the one on the bottom. They do sell a 2-pack...but I wasn't sure if it would really be worth buying both.

taam.jpg
 
I'm not sure what you plan on doing with those two tools, but I don't like either one. They both appear to be very low quality, and something I'd expect to see at a dollar store.


Now if you're looking to prune your shrubs, I prefer a bypass pruner with a very sharp blade....preferably one that is easily dismantled to shapen that blade. Any other type pruner does not give you a clean cut.


However, if you're looking to clip some coral, you need to get a bone cutter....preferably with some coating that will minimize rusting. Here's the guy I use:





Now if you're looking to do something else with those, I'm at a loss.
 
Those pics are of the Taam coral clippers, and they're actually supposedly very high quality. LOL I've watched guys use the lower ones to cut through live rock when fragging zoas (JPS uses them in his video). I'm just mostly curious about whether or not they would be good (mostly because of the shape) for fragging SPS. I'm leaning towards ordering the 2-pack just to cover both.
 
They will probably work. They both look like they would snip a finger off with ease
 
If I could only choose one I would go with the SPS type on the bottom.The first model looks like it might work well with Euphyilla,emphasis on the might.
 
Thanks guys! I was actually thinking the top one was probably for sps, but now I'm thinking I had the wrong idea. If that's the case, then all I need is the one on the bottom.
 
I got the bottom ones. Love them!
 
I have both styles. The top ones I misty use for cutting plugs off my frags. The bottom I use for fragging stuff that's smaller. Zoas or clipping sps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new