Which one should I add first?

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need to add more fish to my tank. I have had a royal gramma in the tank for almost 3 months and he’s been a great little fish. I had clownfish before but they bullied him so I had to send them back to the fish store after a week. I realized the gramma is an extremely peaceful fish, too peaceful for a royal gramma. He has one territory that he defends, but swims all about the tank all the time. I’m planning on adding a pink streaked wrasse and a Midas blenny but I’m unsure which to do first. Which do you think would be the most peaceful and best fish to add first

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add both at the same time... I have found that adding a single fish to an established tank almost always leads to aggressive behavior from the "locals"

If it is possible, figure out exactly what you want to add to your tank, and get them all at once. That way everyone will be so busy learning the new terrain they wont have much time to bully anyone else.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add both at the same time... I have found that adding a single fish to an established tank almost always leads to aggressive behavior from the "locals"

If it is possible, figure out exactly what you want to add to your tank, and get them all at once. That way everyone will be so busy learning the new terrain they wont have much time to bully anyone else.
1st option has a low chance of happening because there is a shortage of pink streaked wrasses and on top of that Midas blennies, although pink streaks are harder to find
2nd option is probably even more impossible.
If the opportunity presents itself, I may take it

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size and aquascaping? Let's see some pics!
Biocube 32
BD65E925-32C6-470E-9691-EE2563438BF2.jpeg

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did to you get that rock?? And how did you get that light gray color on the back of the biocube?
So those are both long stories. Started with mostly live rock, then realized the structure was kinda low, so I added some dry rock to make it taller
The gray color on the back of the Biocube is my long story of coraline algae. It started off as green and now it’s white. I suspect the white is going to turn pink though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back