Which Salt?

We used Red Sea titration kits doing blind testing (one person kept record of which salt made what water while we tested)
check out skeptical reefkeeping articles on testing protocols, first, quite good. Very good insight on accuracy of hobby grade kits and how they work, professional tests and how they work as well.. then consider there may be minute variations not only in testing but in manufacture that don't affect anything at all.
 
BTW I do admire your skepticism...
Well, I have learned my lesson so I prefer to analyze it myself if I can. Granted as you said, I only have access to hobby grade kits. Maybe I convince my buddy at UF to hook me up in the future....
 
I would get the HW brand from BRS. It's on sale and BRS recommends it. Not sure if it's just marking but they are usually the myth busters.
 
I have three years of using salt Fauna Marin. I think that this is the highest quality product in Europe today.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new