Which Skimmer is Better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two skimmers that I know are both small for my system but I will be running one of them or maybe both until I get an appropriate skimmer for the system. 72G display w/ 29G sump.

I have the Instant Ocean Sea Clone 100.
I'm sure all of us have seen it, here it
is:
629e5281591c254cae0aaad5890b6b23.jpg


220e418839784cbdf2cb1177e2c9494d.jpg


The other skimmer I have is a Remora HOB skimmer. Pictured here:
f8b976b8b8d270141e883ab00fe5e753.jpg


Is one better than the other? Should I use both of them ? Thanks everyone!
 
They are both using the same pump, not gonna be much difference in the 2.
 
Would running both be better? And I'm using a pump from harbor freight it was like $18 but pumps out a lot more than the 1200
 
Both would be ok to use. And if you modified the other, thats gotta help out. Did you mesh mod the impellar? Is the shaft ceramic?
 
It has a big sponge filter, it's meant for ponds. They're great pumps for dirt cheap. I'm using one as my return pump now until I can afford a DC6000
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new