Which type of shrimpgoby should I get?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a fluval 13.5 with a tiger pistol shrimp and was trying to consider which goby would be best suited for the aquarium. I have narrowed the options down to a Randall’s goby or a Hi Fin Banded Goby. I prefer the colors of the Hi Fin, but feel like it would not be a good match for the tiger pistol given the size. I also fear the Randall’s goby would be too big, though have seen many examples of them as nano fish. Which is the better option? I don’t want to replace the pistol shrimp with another species, as he really adds a lot of personality to the tank and I’ve grown attached to him. I also don’t really care for coloration of watchman gobies by the way, so haven’t really considered them for my tank.
Thanks!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my randalls pistol with a hi fin red banded goby. They were both very small.

Given the tiger pistol is larger, i would go with the randalls goby or the watchman goby.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely prefer hi fins for looks and personality, but will probably go with a Randall’s just for compatibility purposes. Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back