Which type of shrimpgoby should I get?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
11,641
Reaction score
13,157
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a fluval 13.5 with a tiger pistol shrimp and was trying to consider which goby would be best suited for the aquarium. I have narrowed the options down to a Randall’s goby or a Hi Fin Banded Goby. I prefer the colors of the Hi Fin, but feel like it would not be a good match for the tiger pistol given the size. I also fear the Randall’s goby would be too big, though have seen many examples of them as nano fish. Which is the better option? I don’t want to replace the pistol shrimp with another species, as he really adds a lot of personality to the tank and I’ve grown attached to him. I also don’t really care for coloration of watchman gobies by the way, so haven’t really considered them for my tank.
Thanks!
 
I had my randalls pistol with a hi fin red banded goby. They were both very small.

Given the tiger pistol is larger, i would go with the randalls goby or the watchman goby.
 
I definitely prefer hi fins for looks and personality, but will probably go with a Randall’s just for compatibility purposes. Thanks!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new