Which UPS Hub Will My Fish Ship Through?

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
2,486
Location
Winter Garden
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi - I am working with a R2R seller to ship a live fish from Las Vegas, NV to Lutz, FL. Temperature is great in both places, but I need to know the hub the fish will go through to determine if any hot or cold packs are needed.

Can anyone let me know? I tried calling UPS and I ended up at a call center multiple times, and could not get this answer from the CS rep.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Nathan
 
Hi - I am working with a R2R seller to ship a live fish from Las Vegas, NV to Lutz, FL. Temperature is great in both places, but I need to know the hub the fish will go through to determine if any hot or cold packs are needed.

Can anyone let me know? I tried calling UPS and I ended up at a call center multiple times, and could not get this answer from the CS rep.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Nathan
Likely Memphis
 
Thanks for your help fish guy! 60s in Las Vegas, 40s in Memphis, 70s in FL.

Should i have the seller add a heat pack?
They should be aware of temps but would not hurt to pass this info onto them. Often, cargo sits on the ramp until 11Pm for aircraft loading
 
For those reading this thread here is what I found:

1. ALL UPS air shipments will through their Luisvilly Kentuky hub (FedEx's air shipping hub is Memphis).
2. Transport: shipper > Local hub > local airport > Luisville, KY hub > local airport > local hub > reciver
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new